The increased number of mobile users poses huge challenges for software testing companies to improve their services. In this digitally evolving era, mobiles and mobile apps are used for almost everything. The only way an app can compete against several others is by improving its usability. A good user interface (UI) or user experience (UX) can work wonders for your business by unlocking new ways to interact with your users. UI plays an important role in an app’s success, and it should also provide a great UX too. A mobile application testing company focuses on improving the usability of applications to provide quality and high-performance mobile apps.
One of the most important aspects of a relationship between a user and a product is its usability. It focuses on the efficiency of achieving the main goals of the application. Mobile app testers spend time and focus on improving little things in their apps that can make a huge difference in its success. Optimize your mobile app usability by keeping in mind the most important factors including efficiency, easy-to-use, and user satisfaction.
Following are 10 common usability issues mobile app users face:
- Even if mobiles have the same operating systems, developers need to design apps to fit each mobile model due to variations in screen sizes and resolutions. Otherwise, users may not be able to view and use an app on different platforms.
- Since more and more apps are being introduced, the constant fight between information vs. speed can affect the functioning of an app. Users face issues in performance when an app is not tested properly.
- Users face major issues when using an app that has an intuitive design that avoids deep navigation. Majority users are comfortable using an app that they can quickly navigate through.
- A self-explanatory app has a huge success rate as users abandon apps that have complex usability issues. App testing companies ensure having the most comfortable user interface.
- Irrelevant pop-ups can annoy users, so it is important that only relevant things are included in the design with the right font and size.
- Most of the time, users operate their mobile phones one-handed so scrolling is inevitable. This is why apps should remain within a screen limit to provide a good UX.
- Apps should be designed and developed with both portrait and landscape modes. Otherwise, users can face issues when they switch between screen rotation mode on/off.
- Users hesitate from filling their information on mobile apps. Auto-fill/suggestion could be a pre-requisite to improve the user experience.
- If users face any issue in using an app, they may not find answers to their queries. Mobile app testers can add qualitative analytical tools to address this issue.
- User feedback can help in improving an app’s quality. So it is important to place a feedback form or rating after using the app.
It is important to hire a reliable mobile app testing company for releasing successful mobile apps. These apps should be intuitive and it should not take more time for a user to become familiar with the interface.
Ray Parker is a Senior Marketing Consultant with a knack for writing the latest news in tech, quality assurance, software development and testing. With a decade of experience working in the tech industry, Ray now dabbles out of his New York office.