Perfecto Mobile, the world’s leader in mobile app quality, today announced an extension of its Continuous Quality Lab to Appium, an open-source framework for automating native, hybrid and web mobile applications on iOS and Android platforms. This new extension, Perfecto Mobile for Appium, will offer an enterprise-grade option for Appium users that provides real user conditions, stable and scalable automation, and real device test clouds for improved mobile quality.
“A shift towards open source tool adoption is happening in mobile development, and it is critical for us to embrace this change by supporting industry-leading open source solutions like Appium,” said Roi Carmel, Senior Vice President of Product and Strategy, Perfecto Mobile. “Our Appium extension represents our broader initiative to support market leading open source frameworks. By extending our Continuous Quality Lab to support Appium, we are not only making quality a team effort, but we are strengthening the Appium framework with unique capabilities based on Perfecto Mobile’s technology, all the while fitting Appium tests into teams’ existing skillsets.”
“Of the many companies offering the mobile testing service, we have found that Perfecto Mobile provides us with the best support,” said Mahshadul Alam, Manager, Master Software Engineer at Capital One. “The Appium framework for both iOS and Android aligns with our acceptance test driven development goals and allows for the most flexibility with manual and automated testing.”
Perfecto Mobile’s Continuous Quality Lab provides organizations with an enterprise-grade lab for testing needs with the freedom for users to select tools in their preferred development language. Extending the lab to support Appium enables users to develop using their programing language of choice and leverage existing Appium tests without code changes. In addition, Perfecto Mobile strengthens Appium by adding to it:
- Execution of Appium tests on a robust and scalable 24/7 lab that has a clear availability SLA
- Parallel execution of automated scripts, under real network and end-user conditions on real iOS and Android devices
- Ability to use Appium tests to interact directly with the OS or test cross application scenarios when applications interact directly with each other
- Support advanced object identification in addition to validation using images and OCR
- Test applications that mimic real end-user conditions and validate the experience of the target user (network conditions, location, device stress, etc.) while measuring the performance and responsiveness of the app under varying conditions
The Continuous Quality Lab currently has integrations with several open source frameworks including Selenium’s Remote WebDriver, Calabash and all major Continuous Integration servers such as Jenkins CI. Perfecto Mobile’s Continuous Quality Lab will continue to add capabilities to include support for every major IDE and language, adopted CI technology and open source environment through its MobileCloud API.
For a first look at Perfecto Mobile for Appium, read our blog, “Making Appium an Enterprise Grade Mobile Quality Solution” or tune into the webinar “Get More out of Appium” taking place on Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 14:00 GMT, 2:00 PM EST. To register, please visit: http://go.perfectomobile.com/2015-08-appium-webinar/
The Latest Mobile Testing News department was not involved in the creation of this content.