Tool Name: eggPlant
Category: Functional Test Automation Tool
Company: TestPlant Europe Ltd
Latest Version: 11
eggPlant is a black-box GUI test automation tool.It has a unique approach in that it does not reside on the system, and uses image matching technology as opposed to looking to the object-level of the application being tested. This allows for system-wide automation of a system-under-test as opposed to an application-specific solution. It also means that the technology used to build the application to be tested does not matter, nor does the system that the application runs on.Now with a fully integrated Optical Character Recognition (OCR) engine driven by ABBYY, the leader in commercial OCR eggPlant can test any text, any image on any screen.
Approach: eggPlant is a two-computer system, consisting of a controller machine, where scripts are authored and executed, and a system-under-test which runs a VNC server. Eggplant connects to this VNC server via its built-in viewer via TCP/IP. The system-under-test can be any system that has a VNC server for it. Originally, Mac-only, the controller environment/IDE is now available on Linux and Windows.
- Guided Record Mode
- Instead of a regular record mode, capturing images generates script code and avoids extraneous mouse and keyboard movements being recorded
- Code Completion
- Easy integration with quality management software
- Eggplant can be used to augment systems such as HP Quality Center
- Execution-only mode
- eggPlant tests can be run unattended via command line.
- DESKTOP: Windows, Linux and Mac
- MOBILE: Android, iOS, RIM, Phone 7 and Symbian
Download trial version: www.testplant.com/eggPlant
6 Snow Hill
London EC1A 2AY