Tool Name: WATIR
Category: Functional Test Automation Tool
Latest Version: 1.3.7
Watir, pronounced water, is an open-source (BSD) family of Ruby libraries for automating web browsers. It allows you to write tests that are easy to read and maintain. It is simple and flexible.
Watir drives browsers the same way people do. It clicks links, fills in forms, presses buttons. Watir also checks results, such as whether expected text appears on the page.
Watir is a family of Ruby libraries but it supports your app no matter what technology it is developed in. They support Internet Explorer on Windows, Firefox and Chrome on Windows, Mac and Linux and Safari on Mac.
Like other programming languages, Ruby gives you the power to connect to databases, read data files and spreadsheets, export XML, and structure your code as reusable libraries. Unlike other programming languages, Ruby is concise and often a joy to read.
- It’s a free Open Source tool. There are no costs to use the tool.
- There’s a very active and growing community behind it.
- It uses Ruby, a full-featured modern scripting language, rather than a proprietary vendorscript.
- It supports your web app no matter what it is developed in.
- It supports multiple browsers on different platforms.
- It is powerful and easy to use, yet beautifully lightweight.
Supported Platform: WINDOWS, MAC and LINUX
Download from: http://watir.com/installation/